Edward Snowden: Civic Hero or a Government Threat?
As everyone now knows, the NSA has had the American public under high surveillance with access to phone logs from Verizon and AT&T and access to other user information from social media platforms and internet services.
Snowden, currently in hiding in Hong Kong, will be extradited back to the United States, but according to a report from NBC, it is a process that would take several months–and he still needs to be found by the United States government.
Here are some great opinion articles concerning Snowden and the NSA from several publications:
- Why Edward Snowden is a Hero by John Cassidy, The New Yorker
- The Solitary Leaker by David Brooks, The New York Times
- Is Edward Snowden a Traitor? by Emily Bazelon, Slate.com
- Why I Don’t Care About Edward Snowden by Ron Fournier, National Journal
- NSA Surveillance by Doug Peyronnin, The Huffington Post
- What Type of American Would You Trust to Work at the NSA? The Atlantic Monthly
What do you think of Snowden’s decision to leak the NSA’s information?